Operating System - HP-UX
1754413 Members
3193 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ignite Increasing Disk used

Mykeey_1

Ignite Increasing Disk used

Sorry if this is a repeat question. But I need help figuring out how to let ignite use more available local disks to fully restore a system. For example if the system that was backed up via Ignite has a vg00 of size 84GB and I have 3 36 GB drives, how do I let Ignite go ahead and use the two other drives automatically without my intervetion? I am trying to do things automatically, less intervention the better.

Thanks in advanced.

Michael
7 REPLIES 7
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

Re: Ignite Increasing Disk used

Check this document - Ignite-UX Custom Configuration Files http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-1999/5992-1999.pdf

At page 129 there is more explained - 'Configuration for volume and disk groups'

regards,
ivan
Deepak Kr
Respected Contributor

How you have taken backup

using ignite_net_recovery or make_tape_recovery?

"There is always some scope for improvement"
SKR_1
Trusted Contributor

You need to extend your VG00 with more disks so that you can extend the FS where to keeping the ignite backup of any server.

Thanks

SKR
Mykeey_1

Ivan,

thanks for the pointer i will look into it.

Kumar,

I used ignite_net_recovery to backup the system.

The system being backed up are not standard. Some have 2 36GB drives or 4 8gb drives or 1 72GB drive And what I am facing is the difficulty of igniting the system without my intervention. My system has 2 18GB drives. I will continue researching. I dont want to have to interact with the gui.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

read this doc and look at the custom config files chapter

http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-3336/ch10s01.html#v1502852

you will basically have to create a custom configuration stanza in #/var/opt/ignite/config.local or seperate file but include this in the /var/opt/ignite/index file.

will take abit of working out though if all systems are different.

Andy
Mykeey_1

Thanks Andy for your reply. It will help but as you mentioned it will take awhile since the systems will vary.
Mykeey_1

Will need to further investigate got a good doc to read up on.