1755738 Members
2964 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RAC shared VG

Prashant Zanwar_4
Respected Contributor

RAC shared VG

I have created a VG which is shared by two nodes. I have done...vgchange -S y -c y $VG
and also vgchange -a s $VG
Both the nodes can see VG. To activate VG with -a s option by default, I have added it to package control script (.cntl file)..of both nodes. I didnt add this to cluster ASCII file.
One of cluster has been restarted recently, the package startup did query the VG for config...seems alright also...
Thing is VG didnt activate on this node after this..what would be the reason behind this...
Thanks and regards
Prashant
"Intellect distinguishes between the possible and the impossible; reason distinguishes between the sensible and the senseless. Even the possible can be senseless."
4 REPLIES 4
Prashant Zanwar_4
Respected Contributor

I meant cluster node above..:)
Thx
Prashant
"Intellect distinguishes between the possible and the impossible; reason distinguishes between the sensible and the senseless. Even the possible can be senseless."
Prashant Zanwar_4
Respected Contributor

No one interested in answering the above?
Rgdz
Prashant
Florian Heigl (new acc)
Honored Contributor

Did You check the package logfile on the problem node?

What happens if You manually reactivate the vg?
Are all PVs and alternate paths Claimed?
yesterday I stood at the edge. Today I'm one step ahead.
Prashant Zanwar_4
Respected Contributor

Manually It is getting activated without problems..!
No errors I found anywhere..in syslog...or anywhere..

Thanks and regards