New Discussion юеВ

Re: ScreenShots

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott McDade
Frequent Advisor

ScreenShots

Hello:

Is there a utility in 11i that allows you to capture screenshots and save them as bmps, jpgs or gifs?

-Scott
Keep it Simple!~
4 REPLIES 4
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Scott,

Look at the man page of "xwd" (X window dump) and "xwud" (Xwindow Un dump) that will allow you to capture the Xsessions.

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

xwd will indeed capture a single screen or the entire desktop. However, the format is not recognized by typical PC programs so you'll need to convert the xwd file to a more common format. The best toolset is PBM (Portable BitMap) utilities. Get a copy from the Liverpool archive at: http://hpux.connect.org.uk/

Look for netpbm

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

Scott,

I read only half of your message on how to capture the screenshots and Bill made me to read it full.

If you have Application CDs with you, there is a software called "Imaging" ( I don't remember the CD# but you can look at the file CD_TABLE_OF_CONTENTS to find it out on any CD). It comes with a utility called "imageview". It can display window dump files and save them in the format you wanted.

There is also another utility called "xv" which I am not able to find at the porting center. That could also display and save the xwd files.

If you just want to print these files, you can use 'xpr' command to print them.

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
Klaus  Frank
Frequent Advisor

Hi Scott

Here is what I did

1) I was missing the /opt/wt/bin/capture tool from "old" UNIX 10.20 badly. So I just rcp'd that stuff from a 10.20 system to 11.i ! It works fine and I also can use the other stuff like whitebord and imageview etc.

2) If you are familiar with "HP VISUALIZE CONFERENCE" see /opt/hpvc/.. you can also find a whiteboerd with a screen shot functionality there.
You can download hpvc from www.software.ho.com if it is not on your install CD.

good luck
Klaus
... we all can make it with a little help ...