108831 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Sendmail leaves error msg in mail log

CHRIS ANORUO
Honored Contributor

Sendmail leaves error msg in mail log

Hello Friends!

Sendmail(8.9.3) on 10.20 has this error mesage in /var/adm/syslog/mail.log:
message status=deferred, (NT MS Exchange Server Not responding). I can't figure out what they did with the MS server configuration.
It has been working fine before this changes which I don't understand.
Please, how can I get sendmail to talk to the MS server.

Regards
When We Seek To Discover The Best In Others, We Somehow Bring Out The Best In Ourselves.
4 REPLIES 4
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Re: Sendmail leaves error msg in mail log

What changes were made on the Exchange? Need to know this to troubleshoot the issue.
John Palmer
Honored Contributor

Hi Chris,

The problem is with the NT server. Your sendmail is queuing mail because it can't send it.

You should be able to telnet to your NT server on port 25.

Try 'telnet 25' and see if you can connect. If you do then you should be able to type SMTP commands like HELP

Regards,
John
Kofi ARTHIABAH
Honored Contributor

Chris:

Did your NT guys install something like webshield for virus checking or something? In some cases, I have found that they install and change the SMTP port to 1025 rather than 25. so you can check to see if they used the 1025 rather than 25, in which case they would have to reconfigure it to listen on port 25.

good luck
nothing wrong with me that a few lines of code cannot fix!
CHRIS ANORUO
Honored Contributor

Thanks Everyone, One of my guys tried re-installing proxy client and we can't start the ms internet services.
When We Seek To Discover The Best In Others, We Somehow Bring Out The Best In Ourselves.