108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Upgrading WLM

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Islas Gonz├бlez_1
Frequent Advisor

Upgrading WLM

Hi, I'm having some troubles with configuring WLM 03.01, neither the examples given with the product (par_usage_goal.wlm). I'm trying to upgrade from 03.01 to 03.02 because I think this is the problem, but now I have another trouble, DOES ANYBODY KNOWS HOW CAN I GET THIS UPGRADE??

I appreciate any suggestions.
7 REPLIES 7
Jonathan Fears
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Upgrading WLM

Hello David. What troubles are you having exactly with configuring WLM A.03.01? Did you change the "primary_host" keyword in the par_usage_goal.wlm config to point to the system where the wlmpard daemon is going to run? There were a few packaging changes with the WLM A.03.01 release as well. If you can tell me the problem your having, I can help you get to a resolution.

As for upgrading to WLM A.03.02, as long as you have support for WLM you should be able to request Application Release media which contains the WLM product. WLM A.03.02 was first released on the September 2006 (0609) media.
David Islas Gonz├бlez_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jonathan, I'm sending you the files of each of my vPars. They are lfmxh03, lfmxh10 and lfmxh11, where lfmxh10 is the one running the wlmpard, and all the others (including lfmxh10) are running the wlmd. This archives worked with wlm 03.02, but now they are not working (wlm 03.01).

Thanks!!

Waiting for your answer.

Regards.
Jonathan Fears
Trusted Contributor

Hello David. Are the configuration files not loading or are you not able to get CPUs migrated between the vPars?

As for the configuration files you do not need the distribute_excess keyword in your tune structure as you are not using workload groups. Also, I see you list the port number in the wlmpard configuration. This is not the default port for wlmpard. If you specify a port number in the wlmpard configuration file, you must specify the same port number in all the wlmd files.

primary_host = : ;

Do you see any messages in the /var/opt/wlm/msglog file that indicate any issues with the partitions regarding communicating with the primary host?
David Islas Gonz├бlez_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jonathan, sorry I wasn't clear with my trouble :S. Yes, I'm having problems migrating CPUs. Sorry, in that file I changed the port as in the services file, cause I thought in a firewall problem, but there is no firewall or something like that. When I didn't specify the port I was having the same troubles.

Thanks for your soon answer.

Regards.
Jonathan Fears
Trusted Contributor

Hello again David. I want to get some specific information from you about your system, so if you could please send an email to wlmfeedback@rsn.hp.com, I can dive further into helping you figure out the issue. This is an alias for my lab which developes the PRM and WLM products. I will respond as soon as I see your email come in with the information I would like. Hopefully this way I can get you up and going very soon. Thanks.
David Islas Gonz├бlez_1
Frequent Advisor

Jonathan, thanks for all your suggestions, today I could get the DVD medias for upgrading the WLM to the 03.02 version. I asked for them directly to HP.

Now my problem is solved, EVERYTHING IS WORKING AS IT SHOULD :D, thanks for your interest.

Regards!!
David Islas Gonz├бlez_1
Frequent Advisor

Everything works fine if you use WLM 03.02.