1756910 Members
3207 Online
108857 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant Support Pack for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4

linuxexample

ProLiant Support Pack for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4

Dear All,

I'm having a server HP DL380 G5 and have been install RHEL4 release 5. I'm facing a problem in installing PSP. I have been trying to install the latest version 7.91, but when I going to System Management Homepage, this error message occured:

"A timeout occured while loading data for HP System Management Homepage which may result in missing or incomplete information"

Has anyone face this problem before. Kindly provide me with some solutions. Many thanks in advance!!!
8 REPLIES 8
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

If the PSP installation finished successfully (without any errors). The SMH will load correctly.

However, the SNMP service is very critical for the operation of SMH. Similar errors have been seen when the SNMP service is either not installed or configured properly.

The SNMP community keys PUBLIC needs to be set with READ/WRITE permissions.

You can use the /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf file & set something like "rwcommunity public".
linuxexample

Actually I'm using the snmpd which installed by default when applying HP support pack for DL380 server.

The Default Header:
# Following entries were added by HP Insight Management Agents at
# Sun Nov 18 19:32:25 MYT 2007
dlmod cmaX /usr/lib/libcmaX.so
trapsink CMS 127.0.0.1
rwcommunity Wt5eIfIDnJ1Ef7 127.0.0.1
syscontact Root (configure /etc/snmp/snmp.local.conf)
syslocation Unknown (edit /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf)

I also edit the trap:
Change to:#name incl/excl subtree mask(optional)
view systemview included .1.3.6.1.

But the timeout problem still remain. Any more solution? Need helps!!!
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

For System Management Homepage to function correctly, you NEED to have a PUBLIC community string with read/write permissions.

Currently rwcommunity seems to be set to Wt5eIfIDnJ1Ef7. Is that the host name?

For e.g. instead of rwcommunity Wt5eIfIDnJ1Ef7, change it to rwcommunity public, or comment the existing line and add "rwcommunity public". Restart the snmpd service & reload the System Management Homepage.

Good luck!
frank gilmour

Team

I am experiencing this issue and it is driving me crazy. We have many DL360 Gens 2-5. I am currently on a Gen 2 running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Update 5. I have other Linux servers where the HP System Management Homepage is working fine. On a few systems though I get the error "A timeout occurred while loading data for the HP Systems Management Homepage which may result in missing or incomplete information. See the HP System Management Homepage log for additional information." When the pages finally come up, it has my System Model as "Unknown". Here is what I have done...

* I have copied the snmpd.conf from a working system.
* I have done an "Everything" install of RHEL 4U5 so I know I am not missing any packages.
* I have tried scripted ( --inputfile=blah.cfg ) and manual installs via the GUI.
* I have name resolution to my management server and to myself.
* I have tried PSP 7.81 and 7.9.

Please help me fine troubleshooting steps I can take to find the culprit here. Can I monitor SNMP traffic to find SNMP errors? Please confirm for me what logs I should be looking at. I have hit a brick wall here. There has got to be some type of simple configuration issue here that I am running into.
Please help!

Thanks
FRANK
bigkingmc@yahoo.com
ALeXX
Occasional Advisor

Help me please!!!

I have a server HP DL580 and installed Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 4.0. I have been install HP Insight Diagnostics software (version 7.6), but when i'm trying to launch this application, the error message is appear on the screen: "...this version of sotware is not supported by your operation system Red Hat...".
Does anybody knows the version of HP Insight Diagnostics, that can be running under my operation system?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English :)
Tibor Zsorda

Hi,

does anybody have a solution for this?
I have the same problem, and no idea.

Thank you!

Regards,
Tibor Zsorda
Grant Kavanagh NZ

Are you doing an install using --nui and --inputfile?

If so are you using the manually created txt file instead of the hppldu.cfg?

Neither actually work I am sorry to say. I gave up using the silent install and the txt input file as it gave me the exact problem you are having.

I used the hppldu.cfg file generated by a manual initial installation. Before you do this though you must edit the bpxxxxxx.xml file and set the HP Mouse to "no" otherwise the install will fail.

Can send the editied xml if needed.

Hope this helps.
Colin Topliss
Esteemed Contributor

I've seen something very similar. Logged it with HP, waited for ages, got nothing useful back so I carried on digging and found out a few things. My scenario was as follows (may help some of you, but not all):

1) HPASM/HPSMH installed and configured. All initially worked fine.
2) Had a problem some time later, tried to log back into HPSMH and I got the timeout.
3) After trial and error, found that I could get things working again by doing /opt/compaq/hpasm/etc/hpasm reconfigure
keeping my original snmp config (as I was sure that this was OK). I asked HP exactly what changes happen when I run this, but I still haven't got an answer.

After more digging, the ONLY difference I could find before/after the reconfigure was a couple of entries in /etc/sudoers:

%hpsmh ALL=NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/snmpd
%hpsmh ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/snmptrap

I haven't yet had chance to go back and try and reproduce the problem by removing these entries (in my case /etc/sudoers was corrupted by a vendor install - the reconfigure doesn't mention sudoers, nor did I notice the corruption at the time).

The timeout is most likely due to one of the agents not responding in time.

Check the logs under /var/spool/compaq - they may have some useful information in there.
Also, have a look at /opt/hp/hpsmh/logs - there are log files in there too.

I can't remember offhand which logfile shows the timeout (mine have since refreshed so I can no longer see the log entries, but I think it was /opt/hp/hpsmh/logs/s,h.log).

Regards

Colin