Operating System - Microsoft
1753626 Members
5386 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Access 2003 error on LJ2600n over a network

Scott Gines

Access 2003 error on LJ2600n over a network

I have a Laserjet 2600n shared as a network printer. I can not print to this printer over the network using Access 2003. When I try, I get an error, "Microsoft Office Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

If I print locally, it works fine. It's only when printing over the network that it fails. I can print this same report to a different printer on the same PC over the network.

I have updated to the latest printer drivers on both PC's as well as applied the latest Office service packs.

The printer is named PckgLbls on the Shipping PC.

Any help would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

Re: Access 2003 error on LJ2600n over a network

if the printer runs fine directly connected to the LPT port, then it's probably an issue with the port monitor.

consider changing the printer port to standard TCP/IP or just plain LPR, the first port type is installed as part of windows, and the second is installed when you install print services for unix.

to do this, open the printers properties, choose ports, click create new port, choose standard tcp/ip (or lpr) enter the ip address or hostname and apply/ok out.
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.