Operating System - Microsoft
1751765 Members
4660 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BIOS Problem? - QS/16S

Makoto Sugiyama

BIOS Problem? - QS/16S

I am still using Vectra QS/16S. I am currenty having problem with Vectra QS/16S. When I boot up, I am getting these errors:
"Invalid configuration information - run SETUP program"

Then, I inserted setup program disk in Floopy Disk Drive.
But this error appeard.
"Diskette boot record error"

FD drive and cable is fine.
What can I do?
thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/servers/OBSOLETE/

might have the setup software so you can make a new disk if the site is still there.

Ron
Makoto Sugiyama

Hi, Ron.
Thank you for your advice.
Actually, I couldn't assign that ftp site.

I have a problem about boot up. When I boot Setup disk at another PC, it did work.

I totally have no idea about this problem.
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

If the floppy works in another machine I would use the other machine to make a new copy of the setup disk. See if that one will work. Sounds like your Floppy Drive is a bit dirty or a tad out of calibration so if a new floppy doesn't work I would try the floppy drive from the working one in the bad one.

If all else fails there used to be programs which could read and set the CMOS. You might find one on www.shareware.com or www.winsite.com. I'd use the program to copy the working machine's CMOS and put it on the bad one.

Ron
Kevin_227

I ran into this yesrerday and resolved it today in a strange way. It was a DL580 G2, brand new, trying to get Smart Start CD to boot but got this message after initializing the Controller. Come to find they PCI-X 1 and 2 lights were amber on the top of the server where the diagnostics lights are. I moved the gigabit NIC to slot 3, the amber lights went away and I didn't get the error any more.