New Discussion

Limit C drive On Intelligent Provisioning - Install Windows Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
mantap27
Occasional Contributor

Limit C drive On Intelligent Provisioning - Install Windows Server

Hi All, 

I want to know something simple actually, but I can not find it out after searching on the internet.

I want to install Windows Server via Intelligent Provisioning. After RAID configuration, then we create one big logical drive with all size available on the RAID group.

Then I go to 'Install OS Express' to start installing OS. What I look for is how to limit C drive on OS? I do not want to use all logical drive with big size to be C drive all. I want to to use around 100 - 150 Gb only to be C drive, while the rest I will set to be DATA drive. But anyway, I can not find any form/feature to limit C drive on 'Install OS Express'. Maybe I miss it somewhere? Please share if you know how to get this purpose.

Best Regards,

Mantap27

1 REPLY 1
pragav
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Limit C drive On Intelligent Provisioning - Install Windows Server

Hi Mantap27

Thanks for posting your query in HPE Community !

To create logical drives use HP Smart Storage Administrator utility from the Intelligent Provisioning "Maintenance" menu.

Delete your current logical drive & create a Logical drive of the size and RAID level you wish. After that you can create another logical drive for the remaining space from there.

Once done you can run the Intelligent provisioning windows installer and point it to newly created logical drive.

You may also review below article for more details: 

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03527170

Hope this helps !

Regards,