Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems install win2008 r2 DC7900

Highlighted

problems install win2008 r2 DC7900

I am having problems installing Win2008 R2 it start the install but at the very begining of install requests a driver. I am assuming it is requesting a network driver and I have tried all that are on HP site so windows 7,vista and XP yet it will not install

If anyone can shed some light on this issue then would be most gratefull.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: problems install win2008 r2 DC7900

Hi Trev:

It's far more likely that it's looking for the storage driver. Since Windows 7 and W2K8 R2 share the same kernel, most of the drivers here should work for you:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3785037&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3784892&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4060

Let us know.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Highlighted

I cant see it being that as I have tried after your suggestion two AHCI drivers and the change to emulation setting in bios to raid and tried drivers for that. I even have set it to IDE and yet it is still requesting a driver so something is wrong here.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Can you post the method you're using to install (and the software version if you're using SmartStart, etc). Please post the sequence of events and the exact messages you're seeing.

You may want to consider running the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor (since W2K8 R2 and 7 use the same kernel) and see what potential pitfalls await you.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/upgrade-advisor

or even the Microsoft Assessment & Planning Toolkit.

It's never easy to get a server OS to work on a desktop PC but I'll try to help you get through the process.

You may be right about the NIC driver. There are two possible NICs that come with DC7900 systems and one of them depends on the driver being in the OS and, of course that driver will NOT be in a server OS.

I think it's pretty safe to say that unless someone has done this before (and I have not), helping you will be very difficult unless you post information here to make them feel as if they're 'onsite' with you and can see everything that's happening.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I had the same problem here today.
Setup said it needs an additional CD/DVD-driver for the installation.
In my case the ISO I downloaded from MS was corrupt. I downloaded it again using their download manager and 2K8R2 installed w/o any problems.

Jens