1752756 Members
5118 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

System restore wiped out Microsoft programs

xJohn
Occasional Visitor

System restore wiped out Microsoft programs

I got the blue screen and brought my laptop to repaird place.  They used a system restore and this wiped out all except my data.  There were some Microsoft programs included as purchase.  I didn't get any disks.  How can I get them restored?  thanks

P.S.This thread has been  moved from Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to Microsoft > general-HP Forums Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Nikhil_HP
Regular Advisor

Re: System restore wiped out Microsoft programs

Microsoft programs that go with the unit are trialware and you need to buy them directly from microsoft to use them after completion of the trial period.

HP Service Media Library
http://h20464.www2.hp.com/index.html
xJohn
Occasional Visitor

How long does this trial period last.  I had them on one computer [HP]for a year and a second computer [Lenovo]  for over 2 years and still going. ????  I'd like this trial period to continue.  thanks,

Lucky
Advisor

Hi ,

Any microsoft program trial pack usually lasts for a trial period ( ex : 30 days ).

But i am sure doing a restore to previous time will not affect applications .

Doing a system restore to factory settings will affect your programs as it will wipe out data and do a fresh installation.

Kindly rerply with more details for further references.

I work for HP.
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say "thanx" for helping.
Please mark a reply "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem ,so others can find it.