1748002 Members
4373 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

vista resolution issues

razzer
Honored Contributor

vista resolution issues

someone i know has vista basic installed on a compaq and the graphics driver is an ati radeon xpress adaptor.vista is using a high resolution like 1280 by 960.it seems that only about 8 icons will fit on the desktop.if any more are added , they will overlap one of the others and if i try to move any icons they just snap back into place.the icons seem rather big.also some of the system windows don't show the buttons at the bottom(like apply or ok),it seems that the windows are too big to fit on the screen,but the resolution already seems high.if i change the resolution via the ati adaptor to a lower res everything just gets bigger and then it does'nt fit much of the windows or desktop at all.i don't know if the monitor will even display at a higher resolution.i have xp and my resolution is set at 800 by 600 and i can fit a lot of icons on the screen and move them around and everything fits on the screen.if i set that way on the vista OS ,i can then only see 1 or 2 of the 8 icons and everything else don't fit on the screen.any ideas?thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: vista resolution issues

Hi:

Can you tell us the brand/model of your monitor as well as how the monitor and video display show up in Device Manager?

Thanks and make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
razzer
Honored Contributor

actually they just got it at a family member's house and i just had a short time with it.i did'nt get a chance to look in device manager or at the monitor driver,but the monitor was a Compaq FS 7600.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

I don't know if it would help but I'd be inclined to try installing this:

http://tinyurl.com/34twl3

even though it's not specific to Vista.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger