New Discussion юеВ

Job Opportunities

SOLVED
Go to solution
Peter Zeiszler
Trusted Contributor

Job Opportunities

Hi,

There used to be forums on the openvms.org site that would have job opportunities posted. Since the forums have been down I haven't found any centralized location for OpenVMS positions being available.

Does anyone have any other locations that might have job postings? I already check out Monster.
9 REPLIES 9
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Re: Job Opportunities

The only one I know right now, is the EMPLOYMENT notes conference on EISNER.
Very few offerings though.

As little as the Openvms.org jobs forum was used, that still was the best place so far.

Sue occasionally kinldy Email forwards openings she receives, but I doubt she or someone around her is willing to run this as a published web service.

Maybe a reader here, or in the OpenVMS Web-ring wants to augment their web-presence with a job forum (like) page?
Hoff? Bruce C? Maybe even Bruden?
I'm sure openvms.org will happily provide a link.

But it's more than just posting. You probably should have a way to shield Email/Phone contacts from automated contact scrapers.

fwiw,
Hein.
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

Not dedicated to VMS, but when I was looking, I favored Careerbuilder.com and Dice.com. The newspaper web sites in the locations you'd consider may also be good sources.

Good Luck,

Andy
If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
Hoff
Honored Contributor

I can investigate (and can potentially then set up) a "semi-protected" area of the web site for jobs postings, resumes, and limited access for companies and recruiters, assuming there is sufficient interest for it.

Contact me off-line if you want to discuss it.

Stephen Hoffman
HoffmanLabs LLC

Robert Atkinson
Respected Contributor

Peter, assuming your in Europe, this site usually has a lot of VMS jobs often in Holland, Germany, etc :-

www.theitjobboard.com

Rob.
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

Job opportunities are posted on www.openvms.org occasionally. Even when the forums where working you still needed to check other sites. A news aggregation facility such as google has would also be useful.

Robert - Its a misconception. I am in Arizona (USA). I have no idea why profile showed up UE (United Emerit).

I have looked in the local newpaper web site. About the best thing here is knowing alot of the VMS people. Its like a little community. Kinda like this web board. :D
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Peter,

>>>
I am in Arizona (USA). I have no idea why profile showed up UE (United Emerit).
<<<

I also do not know how it came about, but I know that the only one that can put this right is yourself.

Hit "My profile"

And then

"Edit profile"

hth

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe

Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor
Solution

The OpenVMS update which Sue send out last weeks contained a link to a site which could do the job (sic):

http://jobs.encompassus.org/home/index.cfm?site_id=314

[ Sounds promissing but I could not try it out just now due to login and/or password reset issues.]

fwiw,
Hein.

Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Found this with Google :
http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=vms&l=arizona

But with the necessary keywords and some luck Google may find the jobs themselves.

Wim
Wim