1753758 Members
4600 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

METRICVIEW

Allan Large
Frequent Advisor

METRICVIEW

We have a 3 node cluster, all Itaniums running VMS version 8.3-1H1 ... TCPIP V5.6 ECO 2. The load broker and metric server are configured on all 3 systems. The load broker config file is exactly the same for all 3 systems.

When TCPIP was initially configured on one system, the host name was entered as a fully qualified name (host.domain.name). The other 2 were configured with just the host name without the domain suffix. Everything worked fine and when you did a METRICVIEW on any particular node it would display all 3 nodes.

The IP host name for the one system was redefined to follow the format of the other 2 (just host name without domain). Now when you do a METRICVIEW on the other 2 nodes, you don't see the system that had the name change. On the system that had the name change, you only see that node.

I have defined the DEBUG logicals for both the load broker and metric server and after reviewing the log file, I have confirmed that the load broker is working correctly as is the metric server. It appears that only the METRICVIEW is not displaying all the data.

From the system that had the name change:

$ METRICVIEW
Host Rating
----------- ------
164.58.46.6 px3.swosu.edu 136

From the other systems:

$ METRICVIEW
Host Rating
----------- ------
164.58.46.4 px1.swosu.edu 136
164.58.46.5 px2.swosu.edu 137

Any ideas what the name change messed up ?

3 REPLIES 3
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Re: METRICVIEW

I know nothing but could it be proxy related ? (full name used in proxy setup)

Wim
Wim
Allan Large
Frequent Advisor

We found the problem .... the subnet mask was entered wrong.
Allan Large
Frequent Advisor

When IP was reconfigured, a typo in the subnet mask caused METRICVIEW to not see the other systems.