1758237 Members
3030 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OpenVMS and APC shutdown script

Howard_24
Advisor

OpenVMS and APC shutdown script

Does anyone have a program or DCL script that monitors the APC ups using the serial port. The script or program should monitor the battery level and shutdown the machine before the batteries discharge. I have seen and used them for unix, but not for VMS.

Thanks,

Howard
3 REPLIES 3
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Re: OpenVMS and APC shutdown script

Try: search ... more_options ... text="UPS" forum=OpenVMS

It points to interesting prior entries for example:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=618938

Looks like you want to check out: "TMESIS UPShot"
http://www.tmesis.com/upshot/registration.htmlx

Hope this helps some,
Hein.

Steven Underwood
Occasional Advisor

Though I don't think it is supported any longer, APC's PowerChute for VMS (v1.2) does work up to at least VMS 7.3-2 on a ES40.

I also have it working on a DEC3000-400S running VMS 7.1, but the hardware on that model does not support the low battery signal. It is set to shutdown 15 minutes after power fail if the power has not returned.
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Howard,

From your Forum Profile:

I have assigned points to 0 of 15 responses to my questions.

Maybe you can find some time to do some assigning?

Mind, I do NOT say you necessarily need to give lots of points. It is fully up to _YOU_ to decide how many. If you consider an answer is not deserving any points, you can also assign 0 ( = zero ) points, and then that answer will no longer be counted as unassigned.
Consider, that every poster took at least the trouble of posting for you!

To easily find your streams with unassigned points, click your own name somewhere.
This will bring up your profile.
Near the bottom of that page, under the caption ├в My Question(s)├в you will find ├в questions or topics with unassigned points ├в Clicking that will give all, and only, your questions that still have unassigned postings.

Thanks on behalf of your Forum colleagues.

PS. ├в nothing personal in this. I try to post it to everyone with this kind of assignment ratio in this forum. If you have received a posting like this before ├в please do not take offence ├в none is intended!

Proost.

Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.