108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Pathworks software

SOLVED
Go to solution
VaxMan
Occasional Contributor

Pathworks software

We are using a Vax 4000-300 and users still connect with a LAT protocol. IP is not installed and will not be installed anytime soon. The windows 2k clients connect using a terminal emulator and of course LAT. Moving forward, and late as it may be, we are upgrading to XP, which isnt supported with LAT in newer emulators. I have contacted HP and the suggested software is Pathworks 32 Mul Sys #QM-5LKAA-AB -- My questions are: Does this come with a LAT driver and will it work with XP?
Is this the same as PW32 7.4 that I have read that would work or better?
4 REPLIES 4
Doug Phillips
Trusted Contributor
Solution

That part# is for a single user license for PW32 7.4, and if you don't have the CD the Kit is part# QA-5LKAA-H8. See the SPD:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/info/SP5633/SP5633PF.PDF

For the license part#, -AC is ten users, -AD is 25, etc.

It comes with LAT and DECNET and the PowerTerm 525 emulator which does work with LAT and/or CTERM.

If you need NetBEUI for file sharing on the VAX, you'll have to copy & install a couple of files to the PC from the XP's OS CD. See:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301041

VaxMan
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Doug
That is quite unfortunate that after finally reaching someone to order this was put together as a kit with the CD by HP!and for 240$ and NO cd I would not be to happy.

I will phone them and question the order using the spd

Very much appreciated
VMSwho

I have a Q with this too... Does the QA-5LKAA-H8 have a default number of licensing included with it? or do I have to purchase it seperatly?
Doug Phillips
Trusted Contributor

VMSwho: Does the QA-5LKAA-H8 have a default number of licensing included with it?

No.

VMSwho: or do I have to purchase it seperatly?

Yes.