1756802 Members
2508 Online
108852 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

TELNET Problems after installing DST Patch VMS82A_TZ-V0100

Chris Martin_12
Advisor

TELNET Problems after installing DST Patch VMS82A_TZ-V0100

Installed DST patch for OpenVMS 8.2 and Mandatory Kit Dependencies: VMS82A_UPDATE-V0200 and VMS82A_PCSI-V0100. Following the reboot, received version mismatch errors. TCPIP telnet will not come up. FTP works. I'm able to connect using Multinet's SSH.
Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Re: TELNET Problems after installing DST Patch VMS82A_TZ-V0100

Chris,

could you please post the command used and the full error message.

Volker.
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Also please post the name of the IP stack, and the version of the stack, and check for ECOs or minimum version requirements for the particular IP stack.

For TCP/IP Services:

$ TCPIP
SHOW VERSION
EXIT

If the IP stack is the Process Software MultiNet IP stack, the Process folks might be interested. (I don't know that they'd see discussions here at all quickly. You might want to check more directly with them.)
Richard Whalen
Honored Contributor

I think that he means that the system also has Process Software's SSH for OpenVMS product installed and that allows him to make a connection.

SSH for OpenVMS is offered as a component of MultiNet that can be run on a VMS system that uses TCP/IP services. SSH for OpenVMS and the SFTP client & server that come with it offer many features that the software that comes with TCP/IP services does not have.
Chris Martin_12
Advisor

Thanks for your responses. It turns out the problems were not related to the DST patches. A site-specific command procedure had a typo in it. The procedure runs as a detached process and was stuck in a loop. After commented out the startup for this .com, TELNET and the system came up OK.