1754932 Members
1880 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VMS83A_DDTM-V0100

Proliant VMS San Mgrs
Frequent Advisor

VMS83A_DDTM-V0100

Hi, in the October MASTER ECO list for Alpha 8.3, this patch is listed (released 12-July-2010). Of course, I can't go to ftp.itrc.hp.com to look for it. Where is it?
Problems Solved
5 REPLIES 5
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

Re: VMS83A_DDTM-V0100

Proliant VMS San Mgrs
Frequent Advisor

Hi there is nothing in the referenced thread about DDTM gone missing. I did gripe about the lack of ftp access, true, but I have a specific problem, which is separate from the thread referenced. Any help appreciated in locating DDTM, or in documenting that it has been removed (even though it is in the latest "MASTER" ECO list...

Although I did not say this, our company does have a supported VMS cluster, and I did access the patch site with that support, and was able to download all the other necessary patches, painful as it was.

Thank you.

Problems Solved

This patch was put on hold after reporting some crash on TP_SERVER.

A new patch, solving this problem, is expected very soon.

But, you are right, this should be updated on MASTER_ECO_LIST to get the people informed on this situation.

If downtime is not an option and security is a must think OpenVMS
Proliant VMS San Mgrs
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for that information; I am not giving points yet, since I have no idea if this information is accurate. Why is there no formal response from HP if the file *MASTER_ECO_LIST* is wrong? I also wonder if, once again, we will not receive the patch rollup (*UPDATE*) as scheduled, and receive no information about the delay, or even if there is a delay.

It does appear that VMS engineering still is not taking the patch process seriously; there is no sign that this is a formal process, and not just an attempt to degrade this service to the level of Windows... It is sad. Just my 2 cents.
Problems Solved

Maybe, the best way to show your opinion is sending your comments to openvms.programs@hp.com.
They will be read by the correct people who can look for things that are not working correctly and many times they can solve the issue detected.

Regards
If downtime is not an option and security is a must think OpenVMS