1979 Online
108999 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Clustering / ESXi

axool
Occasional Visitor

Clustering / ESXi

Hey All,

I've been using ESXi / VMWare / VCenter for about 10 years now. Recently I stepped into a company where the CTO passed. He was working on a Nutanix Clustering project using Three high-end HP DL380 hardware, fully spec'd type of servers. The servers are here, and I emailed Nutanix and basically, they said since the hardware is 6 months old now it won't meet their lifecycle requirements now, even though I verified with them, that the server's part for part matches their requirements. They asked me to buy another 100k of servers, which obviously makes no sense. Anyhow, the CTO had promised the board a HA clustering setup using these servers for their critical servers.

This is one area I haven't had any experience in but am sure I could figure it out if I was just pointed in the right direction. There is a plethora of how-to's out there on this, but I am asking, how would you go about setting this up using the three HP servers to provide the HA service using VMWare? Right now I'm thinking of taking this approach but feel like I am missing something.

Update all firmware on servers

Install ESXi latest version (We have paid for licenses)

Install VCenter Server(Have paid for license) & Create a cluster / Add Hosts

Enable HA and DRS in that datacenter

Move critical VM servers over to this new cluster

Any helpful articles or videos on this would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Clustering / ESXi

Rajaram02
HPE Pro

Re: Clustering / ESXi

Hi Axool
     Do you have a shared storage to create datastore for the cluster ?

If yes, then we can proceed to deploy the ESXI hypervisor and configure the HA cluster.

If not , Then you may need to check for simplivity solution 
Additional cost might be involved 

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo