1753544 Members
5953 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Admin password on Netware

Joe Johnson_6

Admin password on Netware

Hello,
Like many people, I do not have the ILO admin password for a DL380G3 running Netware6SP5 & cannot get in. I need to reset the admin PW on this server. I have downloaded CPQLOCFG & looked at the scripts, but everything seems to be oriented to Windows & Linux. Is there a way to access/reset ILO on this Netware machine?
Thanks,
Joe
3 REPLIES 3
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Re: Admin password on Netware

Joe,
You're right...the online HPONCFG file is Windows oriented. I was going to recommend running an .xml script from a Windows machine, but if you don't know the admin account password, the xml script won't work.

Is it possible for you to reboot this server (while standing in front of it?)..if so
hit your F8 prompt during POST for the iLO and you can reset your password once you are under the iLO BIOS setup utility. If you are challenged to "login" to the BIOS setup for the iLO, then there is a switch on the system board to defeat the security of the iLO. Usually switch bank 1 - switch 1 - ilo security override.
Good luck,
Ed Cox
Joe Johnson_6

I have a maintenance window next weekend. That will give me an opportunity to get in front of the server & see what I can do.

Joe
Joe Johnson_6

Should have closed the thread in the previous reply.