5993 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Lights-out Migration Utility problems

mchay
Occasional Contributor

HP Lights-out Migration Utility problems

Hello everybody,

Just downloaded the above mentioned tool, to make it easier for me to integrate ILO access to servers with AD group memberships. This should be a straight forward job, but I'm running in to some problems very early in the process.

The Attached screencapture shows the error message I'm getting, when trying to find one of my servers.

The server is reachable via webinterface and the login specified in the migration utility works without any problems.

Anything that I should be aware of, that could be causing this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
Rajeshwari, Hiresave
Trusted Contributor

Is the user ID "administrator" or "Administrator" ?

iLO user name and password are case sensitive. So, please verify.
mchay
Occasional Contributor

A vs a didn't make any difference - still received the same error.

Manually login in through the webinterface also did work using both Administrator and administrator.
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Looks like your don't have an iLO with IP = 10.9.228.73

Try a wildcard like 10.9.228.* to help you find the iLOs in your network.

Hi!

Is this an ILO2? then you need to change your regional settings in the Operatingsystem to English USA. For some reason it needs that for ILO2. Had the same error on an english windows 7 with swedish regional settings. ILO3 worked but ILO2 didn't.

Regards.
//Cederberg
mchay
Occasional Contributor

The machines I've tried with so far are ilo3 servers. There is no problem connecting to them via the webinterface. I'm beginning to think that it would be less time consuming just to setup directory authentication in the webinterface for all the servers directly.

That I tried, and it worked nicely for the ilo3 servers, but an ilo2 server with the same configuration as the ilo3 ones don't allow me logging on to the webinterface with my directory account. Don't know if the syntax is different on ilo2, but the configuration of the directory auth. is the same on the two.