1748007 Members
4416 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ILO2 failed firmware upgrade... system won't boot

kylel
Occasional Contributor

ILO2 failed firmware upgrade... system won't boot

I've recently started updating the firmware on all of my blades, ProLiant BL460c G1's, as they're all different versions. I downloaded ILO2 firmware version 1.7 and was flashing the blades through the web interface when I ran into a problem on one of them. It acted like it installed ok, but after refreshing the page the ilo2 interface became unresponsive. I tried shutting down the system and removing it to see if I could reset it, and now I can't even get the system to boot and ilo2 is unresponsive. It won't even get an IP and is showing up as unknown in the rack overview page. Any suggestions on how I can get the system back up?

Also, has anyone else had problems using the java remote console on 1.7 ? All I get is an x in the corner in firefox and in IE it throws an error,
Integrated Lights-Out has detected an error:

error message: Expected ')' in regular expression
File Name: https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/drc2fram.htm?restart=0
Line Number: 1

This happens on two separate machines.
6 REPLIES 6
kylel
Occasional Contributor

as an update, tried setting maintenance switch 6 on, and then again with 5 and 6 on without any luck both times. I can put it in and get an amber light, but pressing the power button doesn't do a thing.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

What OA firmware are you on? Do you have another enclosure you can install this blade into for testing purposes?
kylel
Occasional Contributor

I'm using OA firmware 2.21 and it didn't work when testing it on another enclosure
jcd_2
Frequent Advisor

I've exactly the same problem.
Ilo 2 failed after firmware flash on a BL460c G1.
OA 2.25
I'm unable to start it (even with front button) because ILO2 is failed, it didn't want to power on.

I somebody has the solution, it will be great
Thanks
kylel
Occasional Contributor

I contacted HP and they said I have to replace the motherboard because the ilo2 chip isn't removable.

I ended up upgrading all systems to ILO2 v1.7 just to bring all systems to the same version and I can't use the java console on any of them. Anyone else get the error I mentioned in the original post? it's the same error I get on all of them.
stephen ashley_1
Occasional Advisor

I bought 3 xw460c(g1) blades (new to this chassie) in a C7000 with 11 others blades (one being the 3rd xw460c) all working fine.

But these two won't power on, indidicate faulty with RED fault LED, Orange PWR button (Web display shows that the Blade is powered up, but not true) and in the 'status' for the bay has the iLo netwok message as 'iLO network configuration problem, check connectivity to iLO default gateway'.

Moving the blade to another slot, or OA resetting the Blade does not fix this issue, neither using the micro switches 1, 5, 6 do any good. I've replace the BIOS button batterys (ie over night for factory reset).

My OA's are at firmware rev - 4.21. But the last thing I can think is to remove all the working Blades and Interconnect bay devices, and one on my OA's. And down grade the remaining OA to an old OA version to see if this fixers this problem.

Any one can help or provide some more insight on what I should do to fix this ?

Regards,

Stephen Ashley,