108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO5 and Chrome immediate session expired

SOLVED
Go to solution
BBloksma
Occasional Advisor

iLO5 and Chrome immediate session expired

I have a bunch of Poliant DL360 Gen10 servers with iLO5. Some have a firmware with iLO5 2.96 others have iLO5 firmware 2.81

But with all I have a wierd problem, when I log on using Chrome (at least with version 120.0.6099 ) once I am logged on I get logged out immediatly with the warning Session Expired. I have this on all 10+ servers I have tested it with. The strange this is, I do NOT have thos problem with my current Edge Chromium on Windows 10, nor with FireFox 122.0

Does anyone know of a cause for this problem? Is this because of a new feature in Chrome that will later apprear in other browsers too? Or is it a bug in Chrome that wil disapear so later it wil work again?

3 REPLIES 3
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Re: iLO5 and Chrome immediate session expired

Hi BBloksma,
    Here you can have an issue with Chrome or iLO. 
    For chrome : Try by browser reset, clearing the cache, history, passwords if saved.
    For iLO 5: You can update the iLO firmware to latest 3.01 version. Refer this link . 
    If still issue persists, please verify the iLO logs and post.
Regards,
Shiva_JR
Please give KUDOS and mark as 'Accepted solution' if my post worked.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

BBloksma
Occasional Advisor
Solution

It turns out the issue was with the Chrome browser. As I had the problem on 2 machines I assumed the problem was with the Chrome/iLO combination but it turned out my colleagues did not have this issue. I reset the Chrome browser on those 2 machines and the problem went away.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @BBloksma

That's excellent!

We are extremely glad to know you were able to find the solution and we appreciate you for keeping us posted. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo