5657 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Issues in opening Integrating Remote Console

Farge_1
Occasional Advisor

Issues in opening Integrating Remote Console

Hello,

I do use a bunch of 8 DL380G5 servers each equiped with iLO 2 fw 1.30. All iLO have the same configuration except for the machine specific parameters of course ! The servers do run RHEL4U4.

I've recently experienced connection issues to access the IRC of some of the iLO's.

The problem is the following: When I want to open the IRC, a browser windows is opening and the message "Attempting to connect to iLO remote console" is displayed at the top.
After a few time an error message pops up "Failed to connect to server. Check for available telnet connection"

After some troubleshooting I came to the conclusion that a possible workaround is to connect the iLO using the iLO IP instead of the iLO hostname.

Would some one be able to explain the root cause of this issue and how to solve it so that I can keeping using hostname rather than IP's in my url's ?
3 REPLIES 3
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If the telnet is disabled you see this error.
is the telnet enabled on the ilo?
Latest version of ILO is available:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/27995.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Regards,
Raghuarch
Farge_1
Occasional Advisor

The telnet is not disabled. I have exactly the same configuration on all iLO boards...

In addition to that, using the IP instead of the hostname is a possible workaround that would not be working if the issue was linked to the telnet enablement !
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Try updating the fw to 1.42 on this machine.