108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RILO only shows text, not visual display

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rich_71
Occasional Contributor

RILO only shows text, not visual display

I have a RiLo in one of my servers, but when I log into it and go to view it where it should show whatever is on the display, all I see is what looks like a dos command window, just black with some text on it. Is there something screwed up on my computer that is making it show text instead of the display of the server?? Please reply. Thanks. I think the server is a ML330, not 100% positive though.

Rich
rjones@oe.homecomm.net
3 REPLIES 3
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: RILO only shows text, not visual display

Using the same browser, can you access a different RILOE and view what you expect on the console? If so, this indicates that your browser and JVM are probably okay. If not, I recommend taking steps to update your JVM and then verify the functionality on a different system.

Are you sure that what you are seeing is not actually on the console? For example, if someone left open a full-screen command prompt, this is what you would expect to see. Plus, you could type in the window.

Also, what is the text in the window? Is is a RILOE message?

Finally, try updating the firmware to the latest revision. This will also have the consequence of resetting RILOE and will not affect the host.
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Can you be more specific about what's on the screen? Is it asking you to login again or is there a prompt of some kind? Usually if you are going through a proxy, the remote console window will ask you to login again. The firmware version can also help determine which management processor you are using.
Rich_71
Occasional Contributor

If I turned off my proxy server, it worked fine. It isn't actually a command prompt it was showing, it was RiLo stuff. The box i'm connecting to is sitting at the windows login prompt which i can now see. thanks for the help.