4729 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Transferring files to and from server using iLO

anaigini
Occasional Contributor

Transferring files to and from server using iLO

Hi,

Our company has just setup 4 new blade servers which is accessible from a completely different network via VPN. We do not have access to that VPN, thus cannot directly access the server. We have to access the server via iLO only. However, now I have a task of scanning and setting up 3PAR LUNS provisioned in the server.

To do this, I need to install some packages in the server. To do this, I need to upload the installer files. I also need to download other files for other reasons. Is it possible to do this via iLO?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Transferring files to and from server using iLO

@anaigini wrote:

Hi,

Our company has just setup 4 new blade servers which is accessible from a completely different network via VPN. We do not have access to that VPN, thus cannot directly access the server. We have to access the server via iLO only. However, now I have a task of scanning and setting up 3PAR LUNS provisioned in the server.

To do this, I need to install some packages in the server. To do this, I need to upload the installer files. I also need to download other files for other reasons. Is it possible to do this via iLO?

Thanks,

Yes, you can use iLO Virtual Media to copy files to the host OS. Easiest way I've found is to put the files on a USB key, or create an ISO image of the files.  You can share a directory via iLO virtual Media but I've meet tthis method with limited success. You also need an iLO advance licesne to use virtual media

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!