3671 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Deploying agent settings

pgarr
Frequent Advisor

Deploying agent settings

hey Folks,

I'm in the process of deploying HPSIM60 in our environment- we're an HP shop with about 100 servers. There a semi-automated way to get changes deployed to hp's snmp agents- such as adding HPSIM certification, setting snmp-agent options (send trps for exception errors)and configure version control agent?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Deploying agent settings

Deploy to one and replicate the settings using the initial one as the source.
Also note you can configure the agents in the VCRM so they contain things like the certificate.
pgarr
Frequent Advisor

I attempted to the use the config/repair and the replicate agent but its failing with;

The agent does not trust the HP Systems Insight Manager server or the agent is not running. Establish a trust relationship or make sure that the agent is started.

How can i deploy trust settings to unmanaged machines? If I have a list of servers were I know the SMH or local admin pass- how can I get my agent settings deployed?
pgarr
Frequent Advisor

To add the systems are a mix of 2003 and 2008, Standard and Enterprise, 32 and 64bit.

They're not currently being managed/monitored by HPSIM.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

A way I've done this in the past is to create a new PSP that just contains the SMH and configure that with the required certificate and select the override option.

When you deliver this it asks for credentials.

I haven't tried this in HPSIM 6.0. And if you search the forum you may find where I described it in a bit more detail.