5672 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Firmware

Yazzi
Advisor

Firmware

Hi guys,

Still having problems with the firmware side of HP SIM. At this point I don't want to use the baselining until I know where we are with what we have.

Discovery job has picked up the machines, great. If I hover over the OAs of C7000, there's the firmware version, I can see firmware versions on the machines themselves...

All I want to do is get a report out that says...

Server Name - Device Type - Firmware version.

Once I know where we are and what the implications of setting and applying the baseline are I can go ahead.

I tried looking into custom reports but these seem to be as customizable as the Model T Ford.

Can the above be done or am I trying to do something the software simply won't do?

4 REPLIES 4
Yazzi
Advisor

Re: Firmware

Helps if I say i'm running SIM 7.2 I imagine.

Yazzi
Advisor

Guessing not?

Ok, lets try something else.

Can I use another program to pull the information out via DB fields or some form of REST/SOAP API and build the report I actually want?

Shame you can't build conditional stuff into the report such as if x field is blank then don't use etc...etc..

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Yazzi,

You could use wmi to create your report, you could look at the below URL to see how.

http://www.adminarsenal.com/admin-arsenal-blog/bid/19665/Where-can-I-find-a-device-s-firmware-version-in-WMI

It's just an example but usable. An other option would be to query the info you want and click on show SQL query to build your own set for reporting.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew
Yazzi
Advisor

Thanks Andrew, I'll look at the SQL. The WMI unfortunately won't help us here we're primarily linux and ESXi, there's some windows but mostly other OS's.