Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1755377 Members
4754 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hp Management Agent Setting Script

Peter Argyropoulos

Hp Management Agent Setting Script

I have about 1200 servers that have a setting in the HP Management Agent that I want to remove. We dont actually use the ilo's on these servers (ie not plugged in) and on some servers these show up as failures.I was wondering if there is a scirpt that anyone might have that will help me do this, as I don't particularly want to manually log onto 1200 servers and complete this task. Can anyone help.
6 REPLIES 6
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Hi

Which setting exactly are you willing to change or remove ?

Could the replicate agent settings feature do the trick fot it enables to modify Insight agents settings on a group of servers in one shot.

Which version of HP SIM are you running ?

If you are talking about a configuration setting, then a registry update could probably do the trick.

regards

Fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
mark q
Regular Advisor

in control panel - hp management agents - remote insight information

I want to add this to the agents that are active dynamically (if it's not already there).

I've got a mix of models here and some are cabled and some aren't, so our "fix" was to remove the remote insight information from control panel which deactivates it.

I want to re-enable it but through a script.
Derek_56
Valued Contributor

I'd also like to know how/where to set these programmatically. We would benefit greatly as our systems are scripted installs. This would allow us to tag the setting to enable the cluster agent, disable iSCSI, or disable the rack infrastructure traps on non-blades. If anyone comes across this one, definitely post it.
Thanks!
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

bumping this up.
We are on the same boat Please anyone..
a script that can do this on 1400 some servers would be helpful.

We are getting ready to deploy new PSP and I know all of the servers with ILO/RILOE will be activated.
Iain Babeu

I'm hoping someone found a way for legacy agents...anyone?

It looks like this may be easier under PSP 8.0 as a lot of WMI/WBEM coverage was added. See root\hpq under the wmi providers list. But for the life of me I can't find a way to change the legacy settings through either a registry change or anything else.
nadogmoney
Occasional Contributor