1752676 Members
6517 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM 6.2

JonD
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM 6.2

Just setup 6.2 on a cleanly loaded 08 R2 server with the database on a SQL 08 R2 server. Everything installs without error, but I'm getting sign in failed when trying to log into Insight Manager.

I'm using the account that I installed the software with, stopped/restarted services. Completely rebuilt the server and database. Not sure what to do from here.

3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM 6.2

Was it a domain account, and are you entering the domain into the appropriate box?
JonD
Occasional Contributor

This is what I have tried for logging in:

This is how the screen is formatted;

User ID -
Password -
Domain -

I tried every account that I have, my domain admin account, the local administrator account (what I used to install the software), the domain account for the SQL server.

I formatted it every way I could think of. domain\user ID in the user ID for example. I tried making the domain be the local server too, I tried leaving it blank.

The install guide says to log in with the account that was used to install the software. I used the local administrator account, therefore I would expect the information to be Administrator, password and domain to be local server or blank.

JonD
Occasional Contributor

I got logged in. Rebuilt the whole thing and added the servers name into the trusted zone before I even tried logging in the first time and now it's working.