1752707 Members
6024 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Sim 6.3 new Installation - Remote sql database

Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

HP Sim 6.3 new Installation - Remote sql database

So we are trying a new HPsim installation for the first time. And we want to point the database to an external server that houses all our databases. Could someone point me to the right way of doing this under the sql configuration tab.

username: my domain admin account or  hpsim service account or my remote server sqlserver admin account ??

password: pw for  one of the above ?

domain: my domain
host: the server running my remote SQL DB ?
Under instance name should I click on option  -  "use this one" : do I type in "hpsim" under that option and i guess I should manually create a database with the same name "hpsim" in my remote sqlserver prior to doing this

port:  default 1433 ?

3 REPLIES 3
Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

Nobody ??

shocko
Honored Contributor

The installer creates the DB, you should only be specifying the instance name in the installer SQL confiuration dialog. You need to check on you SQL enginer what insatnces you have running. The username at this stage is an account with permission on the SQL Instance to create the DB ;)
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Steven Baillie
Trusted Contributor

You can not create the database and point the install program to it.

You must use an account that has rights to create databases and the program will create the database itself.

After the database have been created you can then go back to not have rights to create dataabases.

see

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/HP-SIM-install-fails-after-choosing-remote-database/m-p/5324395#M52689

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/Unable-to-connect-to-specified-database/m-p/4834299

steven