5171 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials

Codebold
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials

Hello,

when I try to install HP SIM 7.3 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials machine, the installation fails with an alert complaining about an unsupported OS.

Is there a way/workaround to install HP SIM on this machine? And will the Essentials versions ever be supported by HP SIM?

My problem is that i need an easy and automatic solution for monitoring the health status of the RAID controller as well as other hardware components or services. Any pointers to alternative solutions for this tasks are also much appreciated!

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP SIM on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials

I don't know of any way to get around the "unsupported operating system" nor do I know if support for 2012R2 Essentials is coming soon - if license costs are the issue and why you can't use another Server product how about Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise sp1

See QuickSpecs for details:  http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04154481

Codebold
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the advice. But switching to another OS is no option for me...

CPA-UK
Occasional Advisor

I'm amazed Insight Manager is not supported on this OS... Essentials is a very, very popular choice now, especially if you have just spent £2.5k on a brand new HP server...

Get your act together HP!

markmg
Visitor

Any news on this ?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

In the meanwile HP released the 7.4 version. You could try that version. I don't see the Essentials in the specs as supported. But then again you could give it a try. 

Kind regards,

Andrew
markmg
Visitor

thanks, but that dosnt work either stil the same error

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

WHello again,

i've read that you can use Hyper-V and run a virtual 2008 server. I don't know if that's an option for you. It seems a bit extreme but it's just an idea. 

Kind regards,

Andrew