3305 Online
108829 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE SIM and SCOM 2016

Pubalan-Shell
Occasional Advisor

HPE SIM and SCOM 2016

Hi All,

Got a question related to DL380 Gen 9 servers running on server core 2016. We are unable to monitor the servers via SCOM as we are unable to install WBEM and Insight manager agent. Is there a way to monitor these servers via SCOM apart from using Oneview?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
AnnaKrieger45
Occasional Visitor

Re: HPE SIM and SCOM 2016

There are two ways to monitor DL380 Gen 9 servers running on Server Core 2016 via SCOM without using OneView. You can use the HP iLO Management Agent or the WMI Monitor.  

To use the iLO Management Agent, you need to download and install the agent on the server. Once the agent is installed, you can import the iLO Management Pack into SCOM and create a new monitor for the server.

To use the WMI Monitor, you need to enter a WMI query that will be used to monitor the server. Once the query is entered, you can create a new monitor for the server.

Pubalan-Shell
Occasional Advisor

Hi Anna

Can i confirm that the HP iLO Management Agent is the agentless management software? Also on Ilo management pack, can i confirm that it is HP server management pack? Appreciate your advice. 

Thank you

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

You may refer to section "Agentless Management Service and the Insight Management Agents" of the HPE iLO 4 User Guide for more information.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Pubalan-Shell,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo