4389 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO ip to SIM reports?

JKytsi
Honored Contributor

ILO ip to SIM reports?

Hi,
am I missing something, but I don't get the management IP to reports even if I select everything there is to run reports.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
4 REPLIES 4
AdamJ
Frequent Advisor

Re: ILO ip to SIM reports?

As I understand it you need to run the report on the ILO object itself in order to get the IP for it. There is no way of getting this by running a report on the server as the ILO is a seperate object in SIM that is associated with the server object.
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

If that is the way ...it sucks =/

Why it can't include assosiated devices in to report ? They are assosiated in db and reports are run from db.

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Are you just trying to run a report on the ILOs or do you want to see their associations as well?
If you just need a report you can select as type and then select all management processors.
You'll get all of the details - FW versions etc. but not which server they're associated with.
A work around is to use DNS and add the ILOs there with a name like servername_ilo.
That way you'll be able to associate them via the report.
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

What I want to do is to create a collection with servers (blades). the server HW will change from time to time in that colletion with VCEM (Virtual connect enterprise manager).

From that collection I will run a inventory report etc. to show what HW currently is in this collection. ILO IP is essential part of that report (also blade location enc/bay is mandatory).

That report is passed to end users who will install their system based on that report.