Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1758567 Members
2361 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insight Manager General Concerns

Chris Cyre

Insight Manager General Concerns

Our Insight Admin has a server setup in our network with Systems Insight Manager 4.2 with SP2 - Windows on it. We all log in with the browser as normal but sometimes the servers we monitor are very old and have ancient agents. Thus I can't see what hardware is bad when I know hardware is bad. And events are not tellign me anything either. I can't view the bad drive and get the serial number to look at the matrix to see the SP number that kind of thing. I remember the old CIM desktop manager (5.50 and older) would show us that stuff and did not rely on links like this newer web CIM. Do you recommend using that old version on old servers with old agents? Or what would be causing info not to be shown on Web CIM for these old servers?
3 REPLIES 3
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Chris,
Can you perhaps give specifics as to what kind of servers and what version of agents? Also, in some instances the OS makes a difference so if you know that it would be good. I am not suggesting a complete rundown of all your servers but maybe a "for instance" or an example of the type of server setup that seems problematic for you.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Chris Cyre

The problem children are mainly NT 4.0 Servers with 5.0 or older agents. Usually no older than 4.9. Trying to look at these with the new interface is rough. That is why I wanted to load the old CIM on this machine (5.5). Let me know if you need more info.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

The latest available agents for NT4 are in the 6.40A Softpaq.
That works reasonably well with HPSIM 4.2.
We're using that on our remaining NT4 & NT4 TSE Servers.
Is the issue that you don't want to update the NT4 Servers? In which case you'll be constrained to the older monitoring technology.