108867 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Monitoring Services in HPSIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

Monitoring Services in HPSIM

Is it possible to monitor services (i.e. IIS) in HPSIM so that the customer can be notified if it crashes?
5 REPLIES 5
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Afaik its not possible.
SIM is a Management tool to monitor hardware devices only.

SRH
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi Michael,

You can monitor processes (not exactly the same as services but there's overlap) for status change, using the "Process Monitor" tab in HP Management Agents control panel.

Also, you can "Enable the Application Exception Trap" on the "SNMP Settings" tab, which will generate a trap if a process has an exception error.

Do both of those, and you should be pretty well informed.

- Steve
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

You can monitor certain Processess with the PSP installed which will report to SIM. Go to the CP> Add/Rem Programs > Management Agents > Process Monitor Tab and check it out. Here is a Description from the help file.

Process Monitoring

This tab allows you to enable process monitoring. This tab is not shown during the install process.

Note that all processes running on a system or entered by the user are shown in the list box and can be monitored. However, monitoring SNMP or HP Management Agents processes is not effective. If the HP Management Agents processes are not running monitoring is not being performed. If SNMP is not running traps cannot be generated.
Anky
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this information. we have decided to go with this option. we have 1500 systems where processes should be monitored. is there any way i can configure this remotely to all the system. Any automation possible?
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I don't believe that there is a way to do this on more than one server. You might want to look for another option.

Good luck,
- Steve