1760594 Members
3356 Online
108894 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OpenSSH Server Service Error 193

Sandy Wood
Frequent Advisor

OpenSSH Server Service Error 193

I've installed HP Systems Insight Manager on a Win2003 Server and the OpenSSH Server Service was running fine as a Local Account and since I've tried to change it to a domain account, I keep getting "Could not start the OpenSSH Server service on Local Computer. Error 193: 0xc1" errors when I try to start the service. Now neither account will work.
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Here the OpenSSHd is configured to run with the System Account, but that is on a W2000 box. But my guess from the above you've tried reverting to that.

Sandy Wood
Frequent Advisor

I found that if I uninstalled it and reinstalled it while logged in as the domain account I wanted to run the service as, this allowed me to run the service as well as transfer the key to any managed computer.

I must say, I long for the good old days of IM 7.2 and it's installation methods.....
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Yep, the OpenSSH has caused me a lot of grief and there's still some areas it doesn't work.

I can't recall the exact document now, but there's one that covers a number of post install tasks for SSH. It certainly pays to review them.

I'm waiting for HPSIM 4.1 where I hope to do a complete fresh install and retry getting everything working as it should.
phillipf
Regular Advisor

Hi Sandy

Got the same error on W2k3 server and the HP Openview Server and Agent Service. Here is an interesting link in this regard.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q325680

According to this link a file called Program is located on the drive where the installation files of the software are. Just did a search on both drives of the server and low and behold a file called Program was found in the root of E. This is where we have installed the HP Openview Server software. Unfortunately I cannot make any changes to the system at the moment because people are doing a uat on it.

Regards

Phillip