9518 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem HP SIM watch HP SMART array E200 Controller

Gerhard Haberfellner
Occasional Contributor

Problem HP SIM watch HP SMART array E200 Controller

Hello to everybody.
We are using HP Proliant DL380G5 with ESXi 3.5 U4. Since that installation we can observe HP SMART array E200 Controller and all the integrated HDs with the VI Client. In the HP SIM 5.3 SP1 we cannnot obersve the RAID controller only Power, Memory, Fan, ... For us it is necessary that we can access the RAID Controller, we want to get an alarm if one HD fails. What can we do. Thank you for your replies. best regards gerhard
4 REPLIES 4
Gerhard Haberfellner
Occasional Contributor

Re: Problem HP SIM watch HP SMART array E200 Controller

thank you for your reply, but your link is useful if you use esx server. there you can install the agents in the managment console, but we are using esxi 3.5 u4 (with hp agent already installed). we can watch the raid controller in the vi client, but the problem is we cannot be allerted if a HD fails. the alerting feature is possible with HP SIM. but in the HP SIM we cannot see the RAID controller although the HP agents are already installed for esxi. if you have any further ideas pleas help us.
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Oh ...missed the "i".

you have the CIM providers available ?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121516&swItem=MTX-3b1f5654f0eb47a1a3b96697e9&prodNameId=3288134&swEnvOID=4025&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=3
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Gerhard Haberfellner
Occasional Contributor

thnak you for your quick reply. if I follow the link it is shown that you can update the CIM agent but not with esxi installed on the HDs. Is there a special update necessary? thank you