1755044 Members
3506 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proper SSH config guide?

Horst Hinz_1
Advisor

Proper SSH config guide?

I'm looking for a simple guide to configuring SSH for use with SIM. I've got the SSH in HP Systems Insight Manager whitepaper, but that's just not doing it for me. I've tried to re-install SSH using the Administrator username logged in locally to the server, but am experiencing a number of different issues. I want a step by step guide to properly configuring SSH for use with SIM. Even after a re-install, running the various command line utilities bring back different error messages.
4 REPLIES 4
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Horst,
i dont know if i have the 'complete' guide to this, but i had some success with installing OpenSSH manually (using the v1.5.4.0b it's name is: cp004878.exe), then running (in a command prompt, in c:\program files\openssh\bin)
SSH @
Where is the account i use for the local administrator on the Remote Machine. It'll ask to import the Key, i say YES, enter the password and that adds the Key for the machine into the proper file(s).I did this on both machines, ie. the HP SIM CMS and the remote machine needing SSH. The i run the MXAGENTCONFIG on the HP SIM machine to connect to the Remote Machine.

That was my shortway of doing this, hopefully it works for you too.. I've attached some doc's i found over the time i had the issue with OpenSSH..
Good luck!!!
Stefan
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Here is the 2nd file..
Trond Haugmo
Occasional Advisor

Hi Horst!

I've been strugling with this for a few days now, and I've posted a reply to my own thread with a complete description on how I got it all working here: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=852539

It is really troublesome to get OpenSSH to work and I'm looking forward to the release of SP2 til HP SIM 4.2, where HP has indicated that the need for OpenSSH in a Windows environment will be removed. They will instead use native Windows technologies to accomplish the same.
Horst Hinz_1
Advisor

Trond,

Your guide worked perfectly. Thanks so much!