108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Removing virtuals from view

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dwayne Skinner
Frequent Advisor

Removing virtuals from view

We had the VMM module installed on our HP SIM at one time. We decided later on that we no longer wanted to see the virtuals in the HP SIM view so we removed it. However, the virtuals still get listed in SIM. Is there a way to prevent them from getting added to the HP SIM server? I've tried deleting them but they just come back. We would prefer to only have physical machines in SIM and not virtuals.

5 REPLIES 5
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

hey any solution to this?
not sure what versions you are running but mine are ESXi 4.0u1 HPSIM 6.1. using WBEM. everytimg we add a host is also add its clients and removing them and the scheduled task just adds them back.
Dwayne Skinner
Frequent Advisor

No solution at this time. I even called HP and asked a SIM engineer and they didn't seem to have a solution either.
Eric_76
Regular Advisor
Solution

funny i just call HP and got a solution testing it in a few.

in HP sim 6.1 under options-Discovery-Configure general settings uncheck the Automatically discover other virtual partitions within the same vPar Monitor when one of the virtual partition is identified

hope this helps
Dwayne Skinner
Frequent Advisor

Good to know. We are still using SIM 5.x but I hope to upgrade to 6.x as soon as management approves the work. I'm glad they added the ability in the new version. Another reason for us to upgrade.
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

i think that feature is in there atleast on my 5.1 it did.