1753907 Members
8573 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server 2008 Support Packs missing from VC Repository

Art Brearton
Occasional Advisor

Server 2008 Support Packs missing from VC Repository

I have a newly installed (my first) Windows 2008 running on my network. I configured its VCA to point to the VC Repository server (also the SIM service). There are no Support Packs for Server 2008 available. In fact, the pull down list presents software bundles for MSA2000 series SAN's. Communication seems to have been established between the new 2008 server and the VC repository / SIM server. I told the VC Repository to "Update from hp.com now" yet still no support packs available. Also Rescanned and rebuilt catalog. My next step will be to download the latest support pack manually and attempt to import it into the VC Repository but before going to that I was hoping for some suggestions. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Baillie
Trusted Contributor

If you install the latest PSP onto your 2008 server and then point it to the repository then the repository will then know to download the PSP to itself and it will then be available in the repository to choose.

Once connected then run update from hp.com now and it should appear.

see http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1305016

or

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1285370

steven
Art Brearton
Occasional Advisor

Steven - I have seen these two threads and did the items suggested in them to no avail. This morning I did download and install the PSP for Win2008 R2 and installed it. I then went through the same process of pointing it to the VCRM, updating VCRM, etc. Still no PSP downloaded into VCRM for 2008 R2. I am now talking to HP support about this. They seem to think that no PSP for 2008 R2 will download until there is a new one. The only version available right now is 8.3.0 which is what is installed. The server does see the VCRM though - it did know that some things were out of date like the Systems Management Home Page. HP support is also thinking that the PSP on the SmartStart CD is for 2008 x64, not 2008 R2. I am going to do check a few more things on this and will report back. Thanks.