Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1755747 Members
3560 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: (SIM 5.3) & Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out Interface Error.

Fredrick Karlsson_2
Occasional Advisor

(SIM 5.3) & Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out Interface Error.

Hi.

We've just upgraded to SIM 5.3 and this might just be a coincidence but multiple enclosures (c7000) started to report:
"Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out Interface Error. The host OS has detected an error in the Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out interface. The firmware is not responding."

for some blades.

Anyone seen this as a result of upgrading to SIM 5.3?

/Fredrick
5 REPLIES 5
JeffD

We've seen the same issue on several iLO 2 boards (DL380 G5 and Blades) after upgrading to 5.3. It appears to happen when Identify Systems is run against them. The iLO boards hang and the only way to reset them is by physically unplugging the power from the server. They all have the latest firmware and it does not matter what OS is actually on the server itself.
ANB

Hi, we have the same issues after the upgrade to 5.3. What I think is that with 5.3 SIM try to use SSH to gather information and there is a bug in ILO2 firmware when we use SSH. That seems to be corrected with ILO2 1.70.

Can you confirm that it didn't appear on ILO2 1.70? In our environnement it didn't.
Fredrick Karlsson_2
Occasional Advisor

We have just upgraded to Onboard 2.32 and iLO 1.70. Have not seen the problem again but will reply asap if the problem still exists.
Ragarc
Occasional Advisor

I have been able to get iLo back using the cpqlocfg utility with the Reset_RIB.xml script. No need to power cycle.
Ragarc
Occasional Advisor

I got email from HP support. There is now a fix for this.

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/dl_windows.html#hotfix