1755808 Members
4702 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Version Control/Software status Problem

Kevin Brown_4
Frequent Advisor

Re: Version Control/Software status Problem

Hi Rancher! Thanks for the suggestion but no joy for me.
If I run a software status poll on ONE server it usually works until the next software status task that does approx 30 servers. After the task has run, they all go back to the blue question mark.
I have deleted the task and recreated it, I have removed the servers and put them back in, and I have removed the certificates and re-added them. Everything seems to work for a short period of time then the ever present question mark comes back.
Minelab

Hello,
I have the same issue here in my network. I have 500 servers in SIM and at least 30 of the come always up with this blue question mark.

I found out that all locations are affected which has a high ping times...

The server with blue question marks has all 100ms+

So this seems to be the reason for this problem.

But how can I fix it. Would be nice if someone can support me on this.

Perhaps there is a timeout or something else I can change.

Thx and Best Regards, Torsten
Kevin Brown_4
Frequent Advisor

sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hot Fix Update Kit for HP SIM 5.3 - MS Windows fixes this problem

The hotfix update kit contains specific fixes which can ONLY be applied to HP Systems Insight Manager 5.3, 5.3 SP1/Update

1. Applying the hotfix update kit will not change the version number of HP SIM, but the About Box in HP SIM will indicate the hotfixes have been installed.This kit will only install the appropriate fixes onto the applicable SIM version. This kit includes the following fixes:

- Fixed SIM 5.3 identification causing iLO2 v1.60 crashes. This was not a problem with iLO2 firmware before 1.60 or with 1.70 or later. This fix was already in the March 2009 Hotfix Update Kit.
- Fixed memory leak seen in HP SIM 5.3 with Remote Support Pack installed. (already fixed in 5.3 SP1/Update 1)
- Fixed Single-Signon links to iLO 2 devices in an environment where reverse DNS lookups of the iLO 2 name fail to resolve properly.
- Resolved a problem with erroneous WBEM events about VPar environments occurring when CommandView 8 on an EVA is present.
- Provide new support for an upcoming version of Storage Essentials.
- Fixed support of Remote Support Pack managing NonStop Kernel devices to preserve the system serial number.
- Fixed Property Pages (PCI information) for ProLiant G6 servers running ESXi 4.0.
- Fixed horizontal discovery of SLES 11 VM host.
- Fixed problem with Software Status not reflecting Version Control Agent Status. This was a problem for systems without the WMI Insight Agents.
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Daniel Gilanyi

Same issue here :(
We're already on latest 5.3 with the hotfix package, and nothing changed.

One thing that I should mention that we're still on SQL2K with the HP SIM databases (there was a warning at 5.2 setup that we should provide SQL2K5 but currently we are not allowed to install it.)
Not sure if this can cause such problems or not...

Another interesting thing that when I start a Software Status Polling for a server marked blue it generates the critical warning in the event log (and changes the icon in the aggragate event status column) but in the SW columnt the blue icon stays and cannot be clicked.

:(

Vinisz

Don't worry about upgrading to sql2005, we are running on sql 2005 (full edition) and latest version of hpsim with hotfixes applied.
Nothing helps, I tried lots and lots of things to get version control working correctly again but no... doesnt work.
HP could you please fix this problem ?
Minelab

I think the same nothing helps! In my eyes it is a bug...

Time to fix it! ;-)
TLRieman

I am seeing the same exact problem with almost all of our 15 or so servers. Any idea how to fix this yet?
Predator
Trusted Contributor

Latest VCA 2.2.2.835 is available