1758583 Members
1685 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion

Bad Server Performance

WamCo

Bad Server Performance

Hellow,

i have a server HPE Proliant DL380 GEN10, we somethimes very poor performance. The clients PC can't read  files from the server becose of the poor performance. When you login on the server the performance is also very slow, but the processor is running on a 10 à 20% maximum. 

I did the check of the CPU, Memory, Hard drives, every test passed good, but only i get a warning Hard Drive Smart Check, but the hard drive check don't ged an error. 

When i reboot the server. Somethemes it hangs on Starting requiered devices. Please Wait... Then the Smart Array Check on the recht under corner of the screen does not come green. Then i Need to power off the server, and restart. Then he starts well, and the checkbox on Smart Array Becomes green.

Is it possible that there is a problem witch the Smart array Print? 

836260-002 HP SA P408i-a SR G10 Modular Controller

i found this Partnumber on the board that makes the connection of the Hard drives and the Motherboard.

Can someone help me? Is my reasoning correct?

Kind Regards, Wouter

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Bad Server Performance

Hi,

My suggestion would be to perform Array Diagnostics on this server.
You forgot to mention the Operating System on this server.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/videoDisplay?videoId=vtc00000511en_us
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/videoDisplay?videoId=vtc00000493en_us

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Bad Server Performance

Hello @WamCo 

Let me know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thankyou
Suman

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo