5402 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

General Help - Data Centre Setup

johnb3
Occasional Visitor

General Help - Data Centre Setup

Hi

I work with a group of Radio Astronomers EAARO.ORG.UK and am about to start some projects (SETI, Satellite Ground Station and others) which will have quite heavy storage and processing requirements, we have been very lucky and been donated some equipment and Racks (not al HP) on the HP side we have HP ProLiant BL460CG6 x 20 , STORAGEWORKS 302969-B21 x 2 , HP 42U Rack x 3, HP 36U Rack x 1 and other HP Kit (wont list all of it just yet) we have a decent clean space for our data centre, I found the Rack Calculator on line so I can populate and determine the power requirements etc. I am an IT project Manager so have a decent understanding but do need help in working out which kit I should put in which rack etc – is this the right forum to get assistance ?

Regards

john

2 REPLIES 2
Srinath_Raju
HPE Pro

Re: General Help - Data Centre Setup

Hi John,

As this is a new installation , you will have to involve HPE consulting team who would assist in setting up your infrastructure.

Regards

Sr

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

johnb3
Occasional Visitor

Re: General Help - Data Centre Setup

Hi

As the equpment is old and donated im not sure that the HP Consulting team will assist

I was hoping a knowledgeable HP Person may help me logically group ther equipment ?

Regards

John B