1751854 Members
5371 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Network Virtualization REST APIs?

chuck-tallac
Occasional Contributor

Network Virtualization REST APIs?

I've noticed that (in my version anyway) there are no network virtualization APIs. Most other SDN controllers seem to have this sort of functionality today, and I know that HP is active with OpenStack, which provides a network virtualization abstraction as a fundamental aspect of Neutron.

So I'm wondering if either (a) I'm just missing the virtualization stuff, or (b) it is not currently present, but will be soon?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
sambati

That’s is a really good question. Yes, HP Networking will be delivering network virtualization through an application rather than as a native component of the controller.
chuck-tallac
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply, that helps a lot. Will this application be available at, or near, the time that the controller releases? Or soon after?

Also, will there be REST APIs for the virtualization functionality (e.g. for creating networks and attaching hosts), or will the application functionality be self-contained?

Thanks again.

Dave_Hawley
Occasional Contributor

We are definitely interested in your requirements and use cases.  Unfortunately, roadmap discussions are outside the scope of this forum.  Public information is available at http://hp.com/sdn .  If it appears that your needs are not being addressed, please reach out, either in this forum or directly with your local HP representative!

Regards, Dave