Software Defined Networking
1748040 Members
5103 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problem with HP VAN SDN controller version 2.2.5 with connect to switch HP A5500 (openflow enabl

Duiz
Occasional Contributor

Problem with HP VAN SDN controller version 2.2.5 with connect to switch HP A5500 (openflow enabled).

Basically, I follow the configuaration of HP 5900 openflow configuration guide. All configuration is exactly the same as the example told us to do. However, When I try to use the HP VAN version 2.2.5 which connect to HP A5500(already have openflow bundled) and I have a host connected to this switch. The port interface is up and the controller show us exactly that the port that we plug in the host is already up. However, in the topology view, It only shown me a 5500 switch that connect to the HP van 2.2.5 controller.  the host is not shown.

I Change it back to HP VAN controller version 2.0.0, everything seem fine. I can see all host in topology view.

What seem to be the problem? I need to use this controller since I'm planning to use HP network protector in my environment, and HP Thailand send me this controller as a trial.

Thank you.

P.S. I have use mininet to generate network for HP VAN version 2.2.5, The hosts and switches appear normally.

4 REPLIES 4
Duiz
Occasional Contributor

Re: Problem with HP VAN SDN controller version 2.2.5 with connect to switch HP A5500 (openflow enabl

I already change the switch into HP 5412zl , I got the same result. I can see the switch and can't see all hosts.

Duiz
Occasional Contributor

I try the same controller with the switch Hp Procurve 5412zl. everything is perfectly fine. The host appear nicely and the Network Protector is work perfectly.

However, with switch A5500, It still not appear the hosts. By the way, In the console terminal, The A5500 always appear an flow table adding message. It seem to be sending a flow table all the time that I've enabled an openflow.

I've already upgrade (to the latest version) and also downgrade the firmware of switch. This problem still there.

= ='' 

ScottReeve
Advisor

I've seen the exact same behavior with my Procurve and H3C switches.

At this point, the Network Protector (and Host Discovery) is not supported on H3C switches.

There is work underway to support these features for H3C.

Scott

sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hello Duiz,

We hope the response from Scott answers your query.
Please feel free to reply incase you have more questions around the same topic or open a new thread if new topic.

If you feel your query is resolved please let us know my marking the post as an “accepted solution”

Thanks
HP SDN Team