5531 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL100 - System Hang (acpitabl.dat)

Brent Lawson
Occasional Contributor

DL100 - System Hang (acpitabl.dat)

Hi,
This morning (for the 2nd time in the past 3 weeks) after a reboot our DL100 refused to start up, even in safe mode. Upon powering on, it hangs and then says system Hang. Using safe mode it hangs on loading acpitabl.dat. As we needed the server running I had to use the secondary OS to allow users to connect. This had happened previously so I did a complete system restore (with Service Release 5.6) less than 2 weeks ago. Any suggestions or has anyone had the same issue?
Thanks,
Brent
3 REPLIES 3
CA1408848

Brent,
I have the same hangup (acpitabl.dat) on three different DL360 servers, all with up to date bios drivers.
I have read that perhaps the problem is caused by fiber channel appliances, I will keep you posted.
CA1408848

Here is what solved our problem for three servers with the same issue.

We were able to boot after we disconnected fiber cables from our Emulex card on the DL 360 (I had read this after Googling the acpitabl.dat problem)
Microsoft had us:
Reboot with the MS 2003 Server Standard Edition CD
We did a recovery a check disk with repair We then uninstalled Symantec A/V and plugged in the fiber
We were able to reboot
We then re-deployed Symantec A/V to the server and rebooted
We were able to log in even after several more reboots.

I still do not understand how Symantec had anything to do with it. I did see several cases on Google where the problem was with Fiber Channel cards and their compatibility with Server 2003 service pack 1.
Steven Pratt Jr

We are getting the same issue. After a long troubleshooting effort we figured out that if you clear the system bios this will repair the acpitabl.dat file. Make sure to clear the bios using the dip switch on the system board