cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROLIANT DL100 STORAGE SERVER RESTORE PROBLEM

Highlighted

PROLIANT DL100 STORAGE SERVER RESTORE PROBLEM

Hi,
I want to restore this server using original HP restore DVD, but every time it loads up, and I press Q - for quick restore it shows an error message saying, that it didn't detect any RAID controller and it closes down. Some facts for you:
1. When the server boots up the RAID controller initializes normally, detect all hdds, and everything seems to be in perfect condition
2. I was using IDE DVD rom drive connected straight to the server's motherboard - is that what's causing the problem - should I get a USB cd-rom?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: PROLIANT DL100 STORAGE SERVER RESTORE PROBLEM

yes need usb drive
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
I'm having exactly the same problem trying to restore a DL100. I've tried with IDE DVD directly connected & also with external USB DVD. Same result. I've attached correspondence with HP. Latest suggestion is to wait for replacement DVD from USA & try again.
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

I've tried using a Freecom external USB DVD drive & a Fujitsu external USB drive, both with the same result. Is there a specific USB drive required?
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

need HP dvd drive since not all drivers
are present in QR
also latest firmware on raid controller
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Problem sorted by raising support call with HP. HP stated that there is no problem using non-HP USB DVD drives as the drivers are generic, they believe there is a problem with the Adaptec RAID controller. Replaced with new DL100 - excellent service!