1748248 Members
3631 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Fusion-io

Simon_Geary
Advisor

Fusion-io

Has anyone used LeftHand VSA in conjunction with Fusion-io? Is it possible to use the Fusion-io local storage as shared storage in the same manner as other types of local disks?
3 REPLIES 3
Paul Hutchings
Super Advisor

Re: Fusion-io

Those are SSD's right?

I did wonder just how good of a VSA you could build using SSD's, not sure how quickly (lack of) RAM and "only" a single 1gbps NIC would be an issue.

I'd be very interested though.
Steve Burkett
Valued Contributor

They're not quite SSD's in the SATA sense, but rather are PCI-Express expansion cards for your server with loads of flash memory on them, they can trounce multiple SSD's performancewise.

However, they don't yet appear to be on the VMWare hardware compatibility list so good luck with getting support if it doesn't work as expected?

Don't see why they wouldn't work though as Fusion-IO themselves say they're compatible with ESXi 4.0 & 4.1 and Hyper-V.
Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

HP sells the Fusion IO as HP StorageWorks IO Accelerator and HP provides the drivers for esx(i) so I don't think there's a problem with that.

I'm also interested how they perform using P4000 VSA and I want to order two testcards, but our HP account manager still didn't put them on the B2B portal.